If you want to find out how to hide likes on Instagram, know that the social network offers different paths for this function. You can remove the number of likes for all posts in your feed or apply this option individually to posts on your profile.
- In the Instagram app, go to your profile and tap the three-bar icon to open a menu. Then tap on “Settings”;
- In the settings, select the “Privacy” option;
- On the next screen, tap on “Publications”;
- Finally, enable the option “Hide the number of likes and views”. This change will apply to all posts to your feed from other accounts.
To remove the like count on your own posts, you need to go a different route. Check step by step:
- Open your profile and select the post you want to hide the number of likes. Tap the three dots icon to access more options;
- Then select “Hide number of likes”. To reverse the process, follow the same path and tap on “Unhide the number of likes”.
You can also hide likes before a post. Follow the steps below:
- On the options screen before sharing your post, tap on “Advanced settings” to open a new screen;
- Then, check the “Hide the number of likes and views for this post” option.
- If you want to show the count again, just open the post and follow the previous steps to find the option “Redisplay the number of likes”.
It is important to note that these settings are only used for posts made in the feed. In the case of Reels, the likes and views numbers are displayed by default, and there is no feature to hide them.